top of page

Making your HSE appointment


You can make your appointment with the HSE registrar online -

Or contact your local registrar -

Marriage Registration Form

If you fulfill the 3 months notification requirements and there is no impediment to you getting married, the Registry office will issue you with a Marriage Registration Form (MRF) giving you permission to marry. You should give the MRF to the Celebrant who will be solemnising the marriage before the marriage ceremony. During the marriage ceremony, the MRF should be signed by you and your spouse, the two witnesses and the Celebrant. You have 30 days to return your MRF to a registry office (it does not need to be the one you went to)

The marriage ceremony can only be solemnised by a Celebrant, who is on the Register of Solemnisers. The ceremony must be performed in the presence of two witnesses aged 18 or over. During the ceremony you and your intended spouse must make two declarations:

  • That you do not know of any impediment to the marriage

  • That you accept each other as husband and wife

Interpretive Services

If either you, your intended spouse, either of the two witness or the solemniser does not have sufficient knowledge of the language in which the ceremony is being held to understand the ceremony, then it is your responsibility to engage the services of a suitably qualified interpreter.

bottom of page